The Carolinas GCSA provides its members the opportunity to excel professionally and enhance the game of golf through responsible turfgrass management.
The Carolinas Golf Course Superintendents Association was formed in 1954 to further the profession of the golf course superintendent in North and South Carolina. With around 1,800 members, the association is the largest affiliated chapter of the Golf Course Superintendents Association of America.
Major activities include:
* Our annual conference and trade show in Myrtle Beach, SC, is the largest regional event for golf course superintendent in the nation. Features include more than 100 hours of formal education and more than 100,000 gross sq. ft. of trade show exhibits. The three-day event also features the association golf championship, a sporting clay event and member giveaways valued at close to $15,000.
* Publication of Carolinas Green, an award-winning bi-monthly magazine featuring research, association news, industry updates, member profiles and other articles at the leading edge of golf course maintenance.
* Hosting Rounds4Research.com, an innovative annual online auction selling donated tee-times to raise money for golf turfgrass research.
* An annual program of regional seminars making the latest education affordable and accessible to all members across the Carolinas.
* Regular membership meetings offering education, golf and the opportunity to network with colleagues from all parts of the region.
* Publication of an annual membership directory with contact information for every member.
Knowledge is power and the Carolinas GCSA provides extensive services and opportunities to put members in the driving seat with access to education on a comprehensive range of subjects.
Each year, the association provides a series of low-cost, easy access day-long seminars across the region. These seminars are in addition to a series of larger association meetings held throughout the year which provide high quality education and networking opportunities.
These programs offer year-round access to professional development and help round out the most extensive regional education slate in the country culminating with our annual Conference and Trade Show in Myrtle Beach, SC each November, which offers more than 100 hours of formal learning every year. The quality and timeliness of our education program is helped enormously by excellent cooperative relationships with the turfgrass schools and research departments at institutions such as Clemson and North Carolina State universities.
Enabling members to excel and enhance the game of golf through responsible turfgrass management.
Carolinas Golf Course Superintendents Association
P O Box 210 - Liberty, SC 29657
Visited 1056 times, 2 Visits today