September 4, 2021 To September 5, 2021
ABOUT PIN CANCER™
Pin Cancer™ seeks to become how every level of the wrestling community can fight cancer and raise awareness, together.
To give wrestlers of all ages and avenue to inspire awareness and raise funds for cancer care and research.
Pin Cancer™ was founded in 2011 by a former wrestler Dan Tramontozzi after finding out his mother (Margie Tramontozzi) was diagnosed with Stage 3C Ovarian Cancer.
What started out as a small grassroots campaign in Northern, NJ quickly turned into a nationally recognized organization.
Since inception, Pin Cancer™ has united 25,000+ supporters and has raised more than $2 million in donations.
Pin Cancer™ gives wrestlers two ways to get involved throughout each year.
The first one is our Wrestle for a Cure™ Campaign. This is a season long fundraiser where wrestlers create their own fundraising page online, and collect donations throughout the wrestling season. Teams also have the ability to create team pages, as well as host an event to promote their fundraiser. This campaign is launched each October, and ends in March. Wrestlers are also rewarded with PC gear based on the amount they raise through the season.
The second way to get involved is to sign up and compete at the Pin Cancer Nationals™. Here, wrestlers sign up and then claim a fundraising page. As they start raising donations and hit milestones in their fundraising before the tournament, they earn some awesome gear from our partner TERRA GRAPPL’R, including exclusive wrestling shoes.
Location: Myrtle Beach Convention Center
Dates & Times:
Early weigh-ins for nationals = 2-3pm
Normal weigh-ins nationals = 6-8pm
National tournament = 9am start
Early team dual weigh-ins = 2-3pm
Normal team dual weigh-ins = 6-8pm
National Team duals = 8am start
Style: Folk / Scholastic
$65 per wrestler
Team Dual Registration
$945 per team
Fundraising: After you register, a fundraising page will automatically be created for each wrestler. Raise donations before the tournament and earn exclusive wrestling gear for each milestones you hit! SEE BELOW!
Admission: $25 single day / $40 two day pass
Coaches pass: $40 single day / $65 two day pass
Awards = Wrestlers who fundraise before the tournament will earn wrestling gear for hitting fundraising milestones. Top 3 finishers in each weight class receive medals.
Food: On site
Pin Cancer Ambassadors
some of the toughest wrestlers in the world back the cause…
* Having lost my father to cancer, and my mother being a survivor, I certainly have an emotional interest in generating funds for cancer research. What better avenue for me to support this important cause than wrestling’s Pin Cancer?
Olympic Gold Medalist, USA Wrestling Hall of Fame
* I’ve had the opportunity to coach at a Pin Cancer Camp and it was a great experience. Dan was really organized and it felt great to help out.
NCAA Champion, 2016 Olympian
* I support Pin Cancer because my grandmother had breast cancer and beat it. She was the woman who funded a lot of my wrestling expenses through out the years and helped me get to where I am today.
D1 Wrestler, Former UFC Fighter
* As wrestlers, we struggle through everyday battles to be the best. Those with cancer battle everyday to stay alive. Supporting Pin Cancer lets you fight with them, a battle that affects nearly all families.
2x NCAA Champion
* I have joined the Pin Cancer team because I see the work they are doing to fight this disease. I have seen it take people close to me which is why I am wanting to be more involved in the great cause!
NCAA Champion, Olympic Bronze Medalist
* Pin Cancer is such a great cause. They do a great job helping to fight this monster. I’m glad to be an ambassador and help to Pin Cancer
2x NCAA Champion, 2x Olympian
* Supporting Pin Cancer is important in our mutual goals to help eradicate cancer in all forms through research and treatments. I hope you join me and my fellow ambassadors as we support Pin Cancer and their efforts.
USA Wrestling Host/Personality
* I Choose to support Pin Cancer because I have had close family members and friends who have lost the battle and are still fighting the battle against cancer.
* I’ve had family and friends have their lives changed by cancer. If I could do anything to spread awareness or give support to people who need it, count me in!
* Cancer has changed the lives of so many of my friends and family. I am honored to be an ambassador for Pin Cancer and help promote its mission anyway I can.